What are Content Pillars?
Content pillars are categories of content topics that are relevant to your market or niche. You can offer value to your followers by creating a mix of entertaining content, informational content and more personal content related to you or your brand. Pillars make it much easier to plan out content in advance since it allows you to rotate topics evenly so that your followers don't get bored of the same thing. It also helps to generate ideas for content when you feel stuck. Content strands are subcategories to help you define your content even further. Define your pillars and strands and then rotate through them through the month.
Let's look at some examples of what your content pillars and strands might look like if you were the owner of a small fashion brand.
- BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE BRAND
- STYLING [TIPS, IDEAS AND LOOKBOOKS]
- TRENDS/MEMES [RELEVANT SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS]
- PRODUCTS [ 'NEW IN' PRODUCTS, RESTOCK UPDATES AND SHOWCASE YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES]
- FASHION STORIES [ENTERTAINING & RELEVANT TO INDUSTRY]
Now let's go deeper into the "Behind The Scenes" content pillar and have a look at some ideas of what content strands might look like.
Strands of the Behind The Scenes Pillar
- Pack an order with me
- How it's made - product design & development
- A day in the life of a fashion brand owner
- Office/factory tour
- About the brand/founder
- Meet the team
Now let's go deeper into the content pillars and have a look at some ideas of what content strands might look like.
Strands of the Styling Pillar
- How to style [new product]
- 5 ways to wear [product]
- Outfits of the week
- How to wear [trend]
- What [characters] would wear
- What i would wear to [event or location]
- What to pack for [holiday or event]
Strands of fashion stories pillar
- The life of [fashion designer]
- 5 designs that changed history
- Where did [item] come from?
- Why we wear [garment]
- The most iconic movie & tv outfits
- What you would be wearing if it was [year]
- The history of [brand]