Begin by brain dumping everything you need to get done on paper. Then ask yourself these 8 questions for each task. You'll find it much easier to determine where to start and what can wait!
- If i don’t complete this task today, what will happen?
- Is this something that has to be done by me? Could I delegate it to anyone else to save time?
- Is this something I’m good at? Could I delegate this to someone who can do it better than I can?
- Does this really need to be done? Is it a must or a would be nice?
- When does this task need to be completed? Do I have other tasks with a more urgent deadline?
- How long will this task realistically take me?
- Will finishing this task have a big impact on my work or goals?
- Will doing this task help me to complete other tasks faster in the near future? (eg planning or preparation)